Finally Android 10 support is ready.
Starting with Android 10 the licenses will be tied to a Google system account instead of the SIM card or the device. However, this change affects only devices with Android 10 or newer, on older devices, the license model remains as before.
The new version is v1.27.1262 and is now available on the Google Play Store.
There was an issue with Android 5.0 Lollipop. The latest version (v1.23.1226) fixes this.
There’s a new experimental feature: Sitting on objects.
Currently it is a bit hard to use as you have to write the UUID of the object you want to sit on into the chat. The syntax is as following:
If you ommit the UUID your avatar will just sit on the ground. Standing up again works with:
/sit /stand /sit 01234567-89ab-cdef-0123-456789abcde
Just write it in the nearby chat. There will be no response.
Be aware that for now if the object animates your avatar, the animation will not stop when standing up. This can lead to strange behavior of the avatar.
This is a small list of features that were added in the past. To see which version they belong, have a look at the Changelog.
- added IM auto answer functionality if app is in background or screen is off (has to be enabled in the settings)
- show elevation in nearby chat and nearby people list
- improved network connection handling to overcome restrictions of some firewalls
- added support for the BlackBerry PlayBook (get it via BlackBerry AppWorld)
- added custom support for “sprint PG41200” devices
- ability to create notecards
- vertical tabs in landscape orientation
- added custom support for “telechips” devices
- added support for mute/block list
- added support for alpha layers
- improved appearance handling with alert message when something goes wrong on baking the avatar
- new preference setting to enable/disable money received notifications
- added custom support for “Hannspree” and “generis” devices
- added custom support for “bn” (Barnes & Noble; NookColor) brand devices
- chat logs now with date and time instead of time only
- ability to receive nearby chat messages even when in background (has to be activated in the settings)
- copy single chat messages to clipboard
- give inventory items
- display an inventory item’s properties
- support for /me emotes
- added custom support for “marvell” and “Flextronics” brand devices
- improved compression for transmitted data
- support for the Avination grid
- copy notecard content to clipboard
- copy chat and IM logs to clipboard
- full inventory manipulation (rename, move and delete items and folders)
- send and receive group invitations
- support for Archos devices with Froyo
- improved orientation change handling
- support for InWorldz.com
Mobile Grid Client is available for over one year now. To say thank you to all our customers we have invested a lot of afford and time to further improve our service once again.
With the latest update (v1.13.852) the client now handles all the login stuff (sending username, password and more to the grid for authentication) on your device. There is no more need to transfer the password hash for login purposes to our servers.
Additionally Mobile Grid Client now supports the new login names (usernames) without a second name.
We are very sorry, but yesterday the service was down for about 20 hours. Linden Lab has accidentally banned the IP addresses of all our servers. Everything should work again now as expected.
As a compensation for this all affected paid licenses have been extended by one week.
We are sorry for any trouble this has caused you.